Fox’s WWE SmackDown maintained its spot as the top-rated program in Friday primetime, topping the competition last night with a 0.7 rating in the adults-18-49 demographic and 2.41 million viewers. The two-hour show was even with its return to the schedule last week, and gave the network the overall victory in the demo.
CBS’ annual I Love Lucy Christmas Special (0.5, 4.89M) was the night’s most-watched show, edging out a repeat of the network’s Friday staple Blue Bloods. CBS won the viewership crown overall.
More from Deadline
- Democratic Debate Draws 6.17 Million Viewers; Lowest So Far Of 2020 Cycle
- 'Sunday Night Football's Kansas City-Chicago Matchup Tops TV Ratings On A Quiet Night Of Holiday Specials
- Miss America Leads Thursday In NBC Return But Lacks Ratings Chemistry
NBC’s special Global Citizen Prize (0.3, 1.85M) led into Dateline (0.5, 3.06M), even with last week and tying Lucy for No. 2 overall in the demo.
On ABC, its Celebrating Marvel’s Stan Lee special (0.4, 2.53M) gave way to 20/20 (0.4, 2.96M), which was off a tenth for a second consecutive week.
The CW aired repeats.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers