Wonder Woman 3 Canceled as Gunn & Safran Plan DCU Future

Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman 3 is no longer moving forward at Warner Bros.

As reported by THR, DC Universe heads James Gunn and Peter Safran have decided that the film did not fit their current vision. It’s stated that the duo told Jenkins, who had recently submitted her script that was co-written with DC mainstay Geoff Johns, that they were not moving forward with it in its current form. Jenkins previously directed and co-wrote both Wonder Woman and the critically panned Wonder Woman 1984.

The news comes after a report that Black Adam 2 and a potential Hawkman stand-alone movie were in development at Dwayne Johnson’s Seven Bucks Productions (although THR dispute that and says a sequel is “unlikely”) and that the release date for The Flash had been moved up by a week.

The next DC Universe release will be Shazam! Fury of the Gods, which releases May 17, 2023. It will be followed by The Flash starring the troubled Ezra Miller, Blue Beetle, and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. The future afterward is currently uncertain as Gunn and Safran decide upon their 10-year plan for the DCU.

The post Wonder Woman 3 Canceled as Gunn & Safran Plan DCU Future appeared first on ComingSoon.net - Movie Trailers, TV & Streaming News, and More.