Wham!’s “Last Christmas” has gotten a holiday makeover. A 4k restoration of the music video for the iconic Eighties Christmas song is now available on YouTube, provided by the original director Andy Morahan.
The clip for “Last Christmas” was originally filmed in 1984 at a Swiss resort called Saas-Fee, and features Wham! members George Michael and Andrew Ridgeley alongside backing singers Pepsi and Shirlie, model Kathy Hill, Spandau Ballet bassist Martin Kemp and many of their friends.
More from Rolling Stone
- Rick Ross Shows Off His New Digs in 'Nobody's Favorite' Video
- Slipknot Play a Technicolor Palace in 'Nero Forte' Video
- Watch the New 'Hadestown' Music Video for 'All I've Ever Known'
The Wham! YouTube page has also shared a 35th anniversary “behind the video” feature, which you can watch below.
This year saw the release of Last Christmas, a romantic comedy starring Emilia Clarke and Henry Golding that was inspired by the Wham! classic. The soundtrack for the film features songs by Wham! and George Michael, including the never-before-released Michael song, “This Is How (We Want You to Get High).” To celebrate the film’s release, Clarke helped lead a live sing-a-long of “Last Christmas” in London’s Covent Garden earlier this month.
Best of Rolling Stone
- Keith Richards' Wildest Escapades: 19 Insane Tales From a Legendary Life
- The Greatest Rock & Roll Christmas Songs, Holiday Songs
- The Best Box Sets of 2019
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.