Several fire trucks were on the scene of a fire in a huge commercial laundry facility early Thursday.
According to WFFD assistant fire marshal Jody Ashlock:
Firefighters responded to a fire at ALSCO Uniforms, 2816 Central Expressway East for a fire. The call came in just before 2:30 a.m. The first trucks on the scene called for a 3-alarm response. Multiple units including two ladder trucks and units from the Sheppard Air Force Base Fire Department responded.
Wichita Falls Police were at the scene to control traffic.
Smoke billowed from the east side of the 100,000-square-foot structure and workers were seen pushing carts from the facility. Ashlock said the fire was found in the loading dock area where large bags of biohazard laundry were stored. The sprinkler system activated in the area of the fire but could not completely extinguish it.
No injuries were reported. Ashlock said the facility did not sustain any obvious fire damage but did have a large amount of water in the facility from the sprinkler system. The fire was caused by an exothermic reaction from the grease and was unintentional.
ALSCO provides laundry facilities for uniforms, healthcare linens, restaurant linens, floorcare products, and washroom supplies, according to the company's website. The structure was built in 1967 and has served in earlier years as Surgikos Inc. and Flake Linen Service.
This article originally appeared on Wichita Falls Times Record News: WFFD respond to three-alarm fire at ALSCO