EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed actress Talia Ryder in all areas.
She broke out of this year’s Sundance Film Festival as the co-lead of Eliza Hittman’s critically acclaimed drama Never Rarely Sometimes Always, which played this week at the Berlin Film Festival and will be released by Focus Features on March 13. The pic, which is 100% from 36 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, follows a pair of teenage girls, Autumn (Sidney Flanigan) and her cousin Skyler (Ryder) in rural Pennsylvania who travel to New York City to seek out medical help after an unintended pregnancy. Entertainment Weekly praised Ryder and Flanigan in their review saying “both in their big-screen debuts, are highly natural actors and a compelling pair, visibly bonded by the shared indignities and unique vulnerability of teenage girlhood.”
More from Deadline
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: Banned Iranian Director Mohammad Rasoulof's 'There Is No Evil' Takes Golden Bear - Full List
- Gersh Signs Sidney Flanigan, Star Of Sundance Winning Pic 'Never Rarely Sometimes Always'
- 'West Side Story' Rumbles Full-Force Into A New Century: Broadway Review
Ryder is also starring in Steven Spielberg’s Amblin/20th Century Studios/Disney musical West Side Story in the role of a Jet, set to open on Dec. 18.
Ryder continues to be represented by McKuin Frankel.
Best of Deadline
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon