The post The Weeknd teases new song “Blinding Lights” in Mercedes-Benz ad: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
New music from The Weeknd is imminent. The R&B crooner took to Instagram on Monday to tease that “the fall starts tomorrow night” (November 26). Now, a snippet of a new song called “Blinding Lights” has surfaced in a Mercedes-Benz ad.
Update: You can now listen to “Blinding Lights”, along with a second new track called “Heartless”.
Abel Tesfaye himself stars in the car commercial. He’s seen speeding down roads in a new EQC model while his track blares in the background. Based on the short teaser, “Blinding Lights” appears to be an ’80s-inspired single lined with new wave synths.
Watch the video below. Mercedes-Benz promises that a longer film starring The Weeknd will arrive November 29th.
“Blinding Lights” marks The Weeknd’s first solo offering since his My Dear Melancholy, EP in 2018. Earlier this year, he collaborated with both Gesaffelstein (“Lost in the Fire”) and SZA and Travis Scott (“Power is Power”). His last proper album, Starboy, hit shelves more than three years ago.
The Weeknd was recently spotted filming something in Las Vegas. The Grammy-winning artist also has a small cameo in the Safdie Brothers’ upcoming film, Uncut Gems.
- E.T. and Elliott reunite in new nostalgic commercial: Watch
- Kid Rock vulgarly trashes Oprah Winfrey during drunken rant, insists he's not racist: Watch [Updated]
- Alanis Morissette announces Jagged Little Pill 25th anniversary tour
- Pete Townshend says "thank God" Keith Moon, John Entwistle are dead: "They were fucking difficult to play with"
- It's official: drummers are smarter than you (and everybody else)