The Anton Tammi-directed clip finds the Weeknd portraying the same skeezy and deranged lounge lizard that’s been at the center of the After Hours era, with the “In Your Eyes” video placing the character in a slasher flick of sorts. Much of the video finds the Weekend chasing a young woman through empty city streets and a packed club before the pursuit finally brings them both to a dingy basement. There, however, the woman grabs an axe and, in a delightful twist, confronts the Weeknd and swiftly chops his head off. In one final delirious turn, the woman takes the singer’s head back to the club where she celebrates her victory.
More from Rolling Stone
- Elton John Praises the Weeknd in Midst of Self-Quarantine
- The Weeknd is Alone Again, Naturally, on 'After Hours'
- The Weeknd Releases 'After Hours (Deluxe),' Featuring Lil Uzi Vert and Oneohtrix Point Never
After Hours marks the Weeknd’s fourth studio album and first since 2016’s Starboy. Just days after the album’s initial release, the Weeknd shared a deluxe edition that boasts four new remixes from Oneohtrix Point Never, Chromatics, the Blaze and DaHeala. It also features the version of album cut “Scared to Live” that the Weeknd performed on Saturday Night Live with Oneohtrix Point Never, who wrote or produced on three of the LP’s 14 original tracks.
Best of Rolling Stone
- The 50 Greatest Rock Memoirs of All Time
- 20 Best Dramatic Duets of All Time
- Rob Sheffield's St. Patrick's Day Playlist
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.