SXSW 2017 is over and we're still recovering. The No Ceilings show on Saturday night was special, but some of the best moments happened when artists stopped by the Airpnp to perform, rest, or just hang out and watch nature documentaries.
On our first morning down in Austin, L.A.-based rapper Ta'East—the subject of our recent Who Is? profile—stopped in and set the tone. We played him a couple of beats and it didn't take long before he was on the mic destroying Y2K's production. Later that afternoon, Trapo basically created a whole new song on the spot, freestyling verses, hooks, and melodies over a smooth beat from Daytrip. The sun was out, and everyone watching was blown away.
Not long after, Brooklyn's Phresher rolled through with his crew and seemingly unlimited energy. Phresher's "Wait A Minute" is still blowing up, but he decided to perform new single "Whole Thang," and as soon as he saw the bamboo he knew what exactly what he wanted to do. No beat necessary.
Check out Ta'East, Trapo, and Phresher below, and look out for lots more videos, interviews, and performances from SXSW coming very soon. Subscribe to Pigeons & Planes on YouTube here to make sure you don't miss any.
More from Complex
- LeBron James Tells LaVar Ball to 'Keep My Kids' Name Out of Your Mouth'
- Woody Harrelson Says He Quit Weed Because 'It Was Keeping Me From Being Emotionally Available'
- Watch Joey Badass Freestyle Over Future's "Mask Off"
- Apple Is Launching a New Video App That’ll Up Your Social Media Game
- High School Football Coach Suspended for Allegedly Putting Dick in Hot Dog Bun and Showing It to Players