Anyone can transform old furniture into modern, trendy pieces with the right DIY tricks. In this episode of ITK: Furniture Flip, our host and DIY-pro Bre Bringier (@redesignbybre) shows us how to give a farmhouse dresser a modern makeover using easy-to-follow tips and a few supplies. Follow along with Bre’s farmhouse dresser makeover so you can do it yourself.
In this episode, Bre is working with a farmhouse dresser she found on Offer Up for $30. She decides to give it a bright, vibrant color with pink paint and dramatic handles.
1. Start by cleaning the farmhouse dresser with water to remove any dirt or dust.
2. Use the sander to give the dresser an allover scuff sand to remove any glossiness and make the paint adhere better. Use a cloth to remove any wood shavings.
3. Paint the dresser, using the paint roller for long, smooth surfaces and the paintbrush for corners and edges.
4. Once the paint is dry, apply the top coat in the same way. Apply additional coats for a glossier finish.
5. Install drawer pulls to all of the drawers.
In The Know by Yahoo is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
The post Watch this farmhouse dresser get a modern makeover in just a few easy steps appeared first on In The Know.
More from In The Know: