The bit opened with DeGeneres emerging in an absolutely bonkers outfit featuring some comically augmented breasts that prompted several goofy one-liners like “I’m Cardi E, E is for Ellen — it’s also my bra size,” and “It took a lot to get me dressed like this: There’s wardrobe, there’s hair, makeup, and a special thanks to the people at Goodyear for inflating me.”
More from Rolling Stone
- Greta Thunberg Wouldn't Meet With Trump If Asked
- Garth Brooks Performs 'Callin' Baton Rouge,' Tells Jimmy Carter Story on 'Ellen'
- Watch Lizzo Freak Out in a Haunted House on 'Ellen'
DeGeneres noted that the costume was specifically based on Cardi B’s character in the movie Hustlers, where she plays a stripper, having actually worked as a dancer before breaking through as a rapper (“Before I became a comedian I was also a stripper,” DeGeneres cracked, “I was stripping paint from houses, but still”). Soon after, Cardi B emerged to complement DeGeneres’ bold new look and school her on a few dancing tricks, like how to hitch her hips up to just the right height.
“Yeah I’ll give you a couple of bucks right there,” Cardi cracked, “I’ll buy a lap dance from you!”
Best of Rolling Stone
- 30 Best Horror TV Shows of All Time
- 'Friends': The Top 10 Ross Moments
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.