After Chance the Rapper (the host) introduced Chance the Rapper (the musical guest), he gave fans a preview of what they can expect on his 2020 tour with a rendition of The Big Day closer “Zanies and Fools,” a performance that included dancers, a drum line and a personal home video.
More from Rolling Stone
- Chance the Rapper on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Chance the Rapper's 'The Big Day' is the Sound of a Man in Love and Sometimes That's Awesome
- Chance the Rapper, MadeinTYO, DaBaby Release Chaotic Video for 'Hot Shower'
For his second set – introduced this time by actor Jason Momoa, a surprise guest in the “Judge Barry” sketch – Chance the Rapper delivered “Handsome” while scrolling display boards broadcasted the track’s lyrics. As with the album version, Megan Thee Stallion appeared onstage to supply her guest verse.
As expected with a Chance the Rapper-hosted episode, musical sketches were sprinkled throughout the episode, including a Chicago tribute in the monologue and “Spooky Song,” plus a “cut for time” ’80s Drug PSA spoof about the dangers of crack cocaine:
Best of Rolling Stone
- 13 Gutsiest Loretta Lynn Lyrics
- How 'Led Zeppelin II' Was Born
- 35 Greatest Horror Soundtracks: Modern Masters, Gatekeepers Choose
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.