Citing the recollection of a former team employee, The Post reported that a ten-minute video was compiled of outtakes from efforts to chronicle the making of an annual team calendar. The Post reported that Larry Michael, formerly the team’s lead broadcaster and a senior vice president, told subordinates to have a video made for owner Dan Snyder.
The Post said Snyder and the Washington Football team declined to comment. ““Nothing can be further from the truth. I was never asked to nor did I ask someone to compile videos as you described,” Michael told the Post.
The Post said it obtained a copy of the 2008 video from another former employee, along with an outtakes from a different calendar video from 2010 that were of a similar nature.
The Post has reported previously that women who worked for the team in the past related experiences of harassment and marginalization
The Washington Football Team has been under intense scrutiny in recent weeks. particularly as it was spurred to change the name of the team in the wake of protests in the U.S. this year over how people of color are treated in the United States.
More from Variety
- Washington's Football Team to Drop Offensive Name After Years of Backlash
- U.K. Agency Tricycle Teams With Kudos Sports For De Guzman Brothers Soccer Doc (EXCLUSIVE)
- NFL on Fox Enjoying Its Most-Watched Season Ever
Best of Variety
- The Best Amazon Prime Movies to Watch Right Now
- The Best Movies on Netflix
- Best Horror Movies to Watch on Netflix Right Now