The project, which is reportedly titled Walker, will be a reimagining of the 1990s action-crime series starring Chuck Norris. Padalecki will fill the role of Cordell Walker, “a man finding his way back to his family while investigating crime in the state’s most elite unit. [The] broken widower and father of two returns home to Austin after being undercover for two years for a high profile case — only to discover that there’s even more work to be done at home.” In this new take on the series, Padalecki’s character will be paired with a female partner.
More from TVLine
- Supernatural Final Season Premiere Recap: Hold the Door!
- Flash Boss Teases Chester P. Runk Plan, Shares Funny Story About Arrowverse's Dueling Black Hole Storylines...
- Arrow Final Season Quiz: How Well Do You Remember the Pilot?
Anna Fricke (Valor, Being Human) will write the pilot and executive-produce with Padalecki and Dan Lin (Lethal Weapon).
Walker will mark Padalecki’s third consecutive project at The CW, following Gilmore Girls (which moved to The CW after airing on the WB) and Supernatural, which just kicked off its 15th and final season. The CW was considered an early contender for Walker‘s home when the project was initially announced in September.
Does this news make you more interested in Walker? Tell us in the comments section below.
Launch Gallery: TV Shows Ending in 2020
Best of TVLine
- Gilmore Girls: Netflix Exec Offers Update on Potential Second Revival
- Jason Katims' Rise, Anne Heche Military Drama Get Series Orders at NBC
- Cancelled TV Shows That Came Back