Waka Flocka Flame has received an accolade that few rappers have obtained.
On Saturday, Flocka received an honorary doctorate degree in philanthropy and humanitarianism. Flocka's wife, Tammy Rivera, and daughter, Charlie, were on hand to watch him receive the honor along with other close friends and family members.
"It's not a normal thing but it's an amazing thing," Yachty continued. "I always wanted to go back to school to get my degree. ... That was very inspiring to me as a Black man. So, big congratulations to Waka Flocka for getting his doctorate."
- Listen to Waka Flocka Flame's "Workin"
- Waka Flocka Affiliate Murdered
- Waka Flocka Flame Is Running For President
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.