The post Viral photo of Beto O’Rourke peeing his pants is actually (Sandy) Alex G appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
A certain photo purportedly of Beto O’Rourke has been virally flying around conservative cyber sites. The image suggests the Democratic presidential candidate and former punk rocker had peed his pants at a party long ago. A few have even taken a nicknaming note from POTUS, sinking so low as to call Beto “Mr. Pissy Pants.” Turns out it’s not actually O’Rourke in the shot, however, but musician Alex Giannascoli, better known as (Sandy) Alex G.
To be clear, the Philadelphia singer also hadn’t wet his pants.
The indie-rocker clarified to FactCheck.org that the photo in question was taken in 2017 backstage at a show in New York City. According to Giannscoli, that’s not pee on his pants, but beer. “I was joking around. It obviously isn’t that funny anymore,” the songwriter explained.
He may have stopped the rumor, but it’s obviously too late for the memes. Giannscoli posted one of them to his own Instagram, which sees the image graffitied over with the words, “I’M BETO ROBERT FRANCIS O’ROURKE I’M HERE FOR YOUR GUNS.” Check the post below.
In more serious news, Alex G just released his new album, House of Sugar, and is out on tour supporting it. Get tickets to those shows here. And someone bring the guy one of those Mötley Crüe koozies for a better grip.
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- Navy acknowledges existence of UFOs for first time, and we have Tom DeLonge to thank
- About 100 people storm Area 51 gate, two people arrested
- The Village People incite unlikely circle pit and wall of death at Riot Fest: Watch
- Tekashi 6ix9ine spills everything about his former gang, names Cardi B in testimony [Updated]