The electric-pink Michael Kors Collection dress Viola Davis wore to the 2018 Oscars was absolutely stunning, but we highly recommend zooming in on her eye makeup.
Fluttery false eyelashes, black eyeshadow, and lots and lots of mascara accentuated Davis's smoking hot (pink) ensemble. The How to Get Away With Murder actress is known to rock a smoldering eye look, but what made this version fresh were her highlighted cheeks and the perfect nude lipstick.
In the video above, makeup artist Tedrick LaMar of the Butterfly Studio Salon shows us how to copy Davis's Oscars lash-tastic look. Keep reading below for the full instructions and product recommendations.
1. Outline entire eye with Urban Decay 24/7 Waterline Eye Pencil in Legend.
2. Using the Sephora PRO Warm Palette, take the Obsidian shade and blend along the lower lash line.
3. Apply Biscotti from the same palette as a highlighter to brow bone and inner corner of eye.
4. Brush Burnt Umber onto the lids. Pro Tip: Smoke out with a layer of black shadow on top.
5. Swipe Urban Decay Perversion Waterproof Fine-Point Eye Pen on top lid to enhance the depth of pencil liner.
6. Coat top and bottom lashes with Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara.
7. Use Duo Lash Adhesive to place Ardell Wispies on top of natural lashes. Pro Tip: Add another coat of mascara to bind falsies and amplify lash look.
8. Tap NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Cafe onto lips to mute pink undertones.
9. Glide Kat Von D Studded Kiss Crème Lipstick in Hawkwind onto lips.
10. Define natural lip line with Iman Perfect Lip Pencil in Espresso.
11. Place NARS Highlighting Powder (available March 15) in Ibiza onto apples of cheeks for natural glow.
12. Sweep NARS Contour Blush in Gienah onto cheekbones to contour face.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for nonstop inspiration delivered fresh to your feed, every day.