As the NFL season makes the turn, we’ve already had a range of spectacular celebrations, like the Kansas City Sack Race and the Pittsburgh Bench Press. Time to add a new challenger to the list: the Minnesota Leapfrog.
During Sunday’s 38-30 victory over Washington, Vikings wide receiver Adam Thielen caught a 7-yard Case Keenum pass for a touchdown, a sweet little move in itself. But there was plenty more to come; Thielen then orchestrated a full-on leapfrog game.
Here’s another look at the well-choreographed celebration:
In a season where the NFL has plummeted into rage and anger and litigation and sanctimony, the newly permissible team celebrations are one of the few highlights. So many more of these, please.
More NFL coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Report: Goodell wanted $50 million salary, private jet
• Ezekiel Elliott to leave country during suspension
• Bears’ challenge backfires horrifically
• Protesting Titans star shows support for military
• Seahawks face possible penalty for violating concussion protocol
Jay Busbee is a writer for Yahoo Sports and the author of EARNHARDT NATION, on sale now at Amazon or wherever books are sold. Contact him at email@example.com or find him on Twitter or on Facebook.