A POTUS-related impeachment debate on Monday’s View turned ugly, with Whoopi Goldberg going so far as to order fellow-co-host Meghan McCain to STFU.
“Girl, please stop talking,” a perturbed Goldberg said to McCain, who snapped back, “No problem. I won’t talk the rest of the show.” Goldberg then responded, “I’m okay with that. I’m okay with that. If you are going to behave like this.”
More from TVLine
- Whoopi Goldberg and Meghan McCain Downplay Their Explosive View Fight: 'Calm Down, All of You' (Watch Video)
- Whoopi Goldberg's The Stand Character Revealed as CBS All Access Limited Series Adds 5 to Cast
- The View Poll: Pick Your All-Time 'Dream Team' of Five Cohosts
Watch the heated exchange below:
The dustup commenced during a heated discussion related to White House officials refusing to testify in the impeachment process. That led co-host Sunny Hostin to call out GOP senators on their hypocrisy. “I cannot believe they would vote to impeach and convict [Bill Clinton] for perjuring himself and they would not vote to convict a president who clearly wanted to use a foreign government for his own personal benefit [and] to impede our very democracy,” she lamented. “That is the height of hypocrisy for this Republican-led Senate.”
McCain then argued that her “job here is not to litigate the ethics of it… My job is to analyze the politics of it and I’m telling you that.” After receiving further pushback from the panel, McCain accused her co-hosts of not wanting “a conservative perspective on this show ever” — an insinuation that did not sit well with Goldberg.
Best of TVLine
- 10 Series' Legacies Tarnished by Scandal
- Great Actors Who Never Won an Emmy
- Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 4)