Verve is one of handful of lit agencies allowed to represent writers after signing a franchise agreement with the WGA in May.
More from Deadline
- Director-Producer Neil Marshall Signs with Verve
- 'Powerless' & 'A To Z' Creator Ben Queen Signs With Verve
- 'The Terror: Infamy' Director Lily Mariye Signs With Verve
Schiff comes to Verve from Monsterfoot Productions, where she had served as producing partner to Ahmet Zappa. During her tenure, the company had a deals with Disney, ABC and CBS and produced such films as the Peter Hedges-directed The Odd Life Of Timothy Green.
Schiff began her career at WMA followed by stints at 3 Arts and Endeavor. She then spent several years as an executive at Intermedia, where she worked on films including Adaptation and Terminator 3. She then segued to production, working as an executive at Panther Films, which had a first-look deal at Disney, producing films such as Dan In Real Life.
“We are thrilled to have Devon join our team,” said the partners in a joint statement. “Her vast experience developing and producing content will undoubtedly make her an invaluable addition to our growing ranks.”
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers