If you love This is Us as much as we do you’ll want to watch this sneak peek. Last week, we saw Justin Hartley’s character Kevin and Cassidy get a bit closer when they went on a road trip and well, we’re feeling the sparks. In a new clip from this week’s upcoming episode Cassidy’s (possibly) soon-to-be-ex-husband, Ryan, meets Kevin for the first time, and it’s a little awkward.
In this exclusive sneak peek, Kevin and Cassidy have a quick confab before the proverbial excrement hits the fan. They’re at Cassidy’s 9-year-old son Matty’s hockey game, where a special ceremony will honor Cassidy and fellow members of the military. When Kevin shows up, Cassidy wastes no time in breaking the news that her ex is on his way. “Matty’s dad is coming to the ceremony,” she says.
More from SheKnows
- Abby Huntsman Shares the One Thing She Has in Common With Her The View Co-Hosts
- This Is Us Stars Chrissy Metz & Chris Sullivan Hint That Kate & Toby Aren't in the Clear Yet
- Travel Channel's Ghostober Is the Paranormal Enthusiast's Halloween Dream-Come-True
“Oh. OK,” Kevin says, raising his eyebrows.
“Shut up,” Cassidy says quickly. “He’s just being a good dad. He’s just bringing his son to see people clap for his mom.”
At that moment, Ryan and Matty show up and the tension is pretty thick. Though they manage to keep it civil, Ryan’s version of enchanté is a bit backward. “Glad to finally meet the adult man that my 9-year-old son keeps saying is one of his best friends,” he tells Kevin.
Drama! This just whets the appetite for more, but don’t worry: You won’t have to wait long. This Is Us airs Tuesdays on NBC at 9 p.m. EST.
Best of SheKnows
- 11 Female Film Characters Who Made an Impact in 2018
- Winter Movies That Aren't About Christmas You Can Enjoy Right Now