Fans of the Pearson family made sure they didn’t miss the midseason finale of This Is Us on Tuesday. The NBC family drama topped the night with its emotional Thanksgiving episode and ticked up two tenths from last week, earning a 1.5 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic and netting 7.27 million viewers.
In addition to This Is Us, NBC had a good night with The Voice (1.3, 8.25M) holding steady and New Amsterdam (0.8, 5.51M), which was up a tenth. NBC won the night overall in the demo and was second to CBS in total viewers.
More from Deadline
- 'This Is Us' Midseason Finale: Dan Fogelman Unpacks Emotional Reveals Made During Pearson Family Thanksgiving; Teases Answers To Looming Questions
- 'The Voice' Is Steady To Top Monday Ratings; 'Bob Hearts Abishola' Hits Viewer High
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Return To Earth As Rams Beat Bears
The night’s most-watched program, NCIS (1.0, 11.01M) remained stable for CBS, with both FBI (0.8, 8.83M) and NCIS: New Orleans (0.7, 6.85M) ticking up a tenth.
After a week off, ABC’s freshman sci-fi drama Emergence (0.4, 2.30M) returned and slipped three tenths to a new low in the demo. Still, the network had a fairly decent night with The Conners (1.0, 5.65M), Bless This Mess (0.6, 3.41M) and Mixed-ish (0.6, 2.63M) all on par with last week. Out of the entire Tuesday night lineup, only Black-ish (0.6, 2.41M) received a boost, ticking up a tenth.
Over at Fox, Empire (0.7, 2.66) earned numbers nearly identical to last week, while The Resident (0.8, 3.90M) took a step up.
The superhero block on the CW saw The Flash (0.5, 1.30M) gain some speed and Arrow (0.2, 743,000) hold steady.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers