The Undertaker Reflects On Scary Pyro Accident At Elimination Chamber 2010

The Undertaker
Photo credit: AMER HILABI/AFP/Getty Images
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.

One of the most important aspects when it comes to a wrestler’s entrance is the pyro. Sometimes, things might not go the way as planned, and accidents might happen. One such accident happened to one of the legends in the business, The Undertaker.

The incident in question took place at the Elimination Chamber pay-per-view in 2010. The Dead Man was making his entrance and suddenly caught on fire due to the faulty pyro. During a recent episode of his Six Feet Under podcast, The Phenom shared the whole story.

“I stuck my hat on, boom I go out. 10 seconds later, I’m caught up in a pyro fire burst. It came up on my left and it drove me to my right. And when I went to turn to my right, the right side blew. I could see my hat… There was a flame ball on my hat. And on my sleeve. So I shuck that stuff as quick as I could. I continue that pace all the way to the ring and then I get into the pod…

“They were asking me if I was okay, and I was just telling them to get me water. So they were handing me bottles of water and I was pouring on myself. I’m looking down and I can smell the burnt flesh. I was pissed. But I told the guy, I said that the pyro is too close to me. He came back with, ‘Nah, I think it was just a draft in the building.’ The person that was responsible was not in the arena by the time that match was over, we’ll put it that way. Nor have I seen that person since,” The Undertaker said.

Is there any scary accident you have witnessed during a wrestling show?

Read More: The Undertaker’s Five Best Acting Roles

The post The Undertaker Reflects On Scary Pyro Accident At Elimination Chamber 2010 appeared first on Wrestlezone.