“Suspicion” is a high-paced thriller about the kidnapping of the son of a prominent American businesswoman, played by Thurman. Twenty-one year-old Leo’s abduction from a large, upmarket hotel in central New York is captured on video and goes viral. Swiftly, four British citizens staying at the hotel become the prime suspects. But are they guilty of any more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time?
More from Variety
- Arturo Castro Joins Joseph Gordon-Levitt Apple Series 'Mr. Corman' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Apple iPhone Sales in China Plunged 61% in February Amid Coronavirus Epidemic
- Steven Spielberg's 'Amazing Stories': TV Review
The series is commissioned for Apple out of the U.K. by Apple’s heads of worldwide video, Zack Van Amburg and Jamie Erlicht, and creative director for Europe worldwide video, Jay Hunt.
“Suspicion” also stars Kunal Nayyar (“The Big Bang Theory”), Noah Emmerich (“The Americans”), Georgina Campbell (“Black Mirror”), Elyes Gabel (“Scorpion”), Elizabeth Henstridge (“Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”) and Angel Coulby (“Dancing on the Edge”).
Rob Williams will serve as showrunner. The series is directed by Golden Globe winner Chris Long and produced by Darin McLeod.
Williams and Long will also serve as executive producers on the project, along with Howard Burch for Keshet Productions, Avi Nir for Keshet Media Group, Anna Winger (“Deutschland 83 & 86”) and Liat Benasuly (“Fauda”).
Best of Variety
- Oscars 2020: The Complete Winners List
- Final Oscar Predictions: Who Will Win in the Major Categories?
- Oscars 2020: How to Stream and Watch Online