US citizens in those countries will be allowed back in the US, but anyone else who have been in the restricted spaces can’t enter the US for 30 days.
More from Deadline
- Niall Tóibín Dies: Award-Winning Irish Actor and Comedian Was 89
- Donald Trump Sprays Twitter Buckshot, Hitting UK, Mexico, Supreme Court, Dems, Congress
- Irish Producer ShinAwiL Launches Drama Division With Aviation Period Thriller 'Flying Blind' & Crime Drama 'Kill'
Flight schedules have been slashed in the wake of the restrictions, but the press conference promised that discussions are underway to provide relief to the transporation and travel industries. .
President Donald Trump said further travel restrictions are possible, including within the United States.
Other countries may soon follow suit. Guatemala has banned flights from the US and Canada, and Mexico is said to be contemplating closing the US border.
Guatemala previously banned flights from Europe, China, South Korea and North Korea.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll At 41 As Cases Top 1,600; Global Deaths Near 5,000 - Update
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More