Would-be Tweeters were stymied on Friday afternoon as widespread outages prevented their words of wisdom from landing. Downdetector showed a huge spike in people having trouble with the service as reports started mid-afternoon and spiked around 4 pm ET with about 11,475 complaints registered on the website.
As of 5:07 it was operational again. “You can get back to Tweeting –– this problem has been fixed! Thanks for sticking with us through that,” tweeted Twitter support.
More from Deadline
- How To Watch The Oscars Online And On TV
- Ricky Gervais Trolls Oscars With Online Zings, Provides His "First Best Joke" On The Show
- Twitter's Q4 Users, Sales Beat Street In Key Quarter; Stock Surges
(At 4:48 it had said, “You might be experiencing trouble sending new Tweets, but we’re working on fixing this now. Sorry for the interruption and we’ll let you know when things are back to normal.”)
Some 45% of the problems were with the website, 34% with an iPhone or iPad app and 19% with an Android app.
“Was finally able to send a tweet just now from Los Angeles,” tweeted Michelle at 5:10 pm ET.
“Working again in Wisconsin,” tweeted Katie Jean. Other happy tweeters chimed in from Arizona, Texas, Puerto Rico, New York City and scores of other locations.
There was no word from the White House.
Best of Deadline
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers