President Donald Trump’s boast today on his post-hospitalization health status has been flagged by Twitter for spreading misinformation after he claimed he was immune from coronavirus.
“A total and complete sign off from White House Doctors yesterday,” Trump wrote. “That means I can’t get it (immune), and can’t give it. Very nice to know!!!”
Twitter added a disclaimer above the tweet.
“This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about spreading misleading and potentially harmful information related to COVID-19. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain accessible.”
Trump’s health status has been a subject of speculation after his release from Walter Reed hospital, with his doctors careful about releasing information.
A total and complete sign off from White House Doctors yesterday. That means I can’t get it (immune), and can’t give it. Very nice to know!!!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 11, 2020
More from Deadline
- How To Watch Amy Coney Barrett's Supreme Court Confirmation Hearings
- Dr. Anthony Fauci Disputes Trump Campaign Ad, Claims Comments Are "Out Of Context" And "Without My Permission
- President Donald Trump's Alleged Muse On 'Superman' Stunt Has Twitter Leaping Tall Buildings
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: America Now Has Over 7 Million COVID-19 Cases As New Daily Infections Rise In 23 States
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto