As it always does in May, the regular TV season is drawing to a close… but it’s happening a little differently this year.
By now, you’re probably all too aware of the impact the coronavirus pandemic has had on the entertainment industry, including the 100-plus production shutdowns that forced many shows to end their seasons early. And though we’ve been impressed by the creative approaches to those makeshift finales — NBC’s The Blacklist is even animating (!) half of its impromptu conclusion — we can’t help but wonder about the season enders we won’t get to see.
More from TVLine
- Penske Media Corporation Launches 'Hail the Heroes' Initiative With Team Rubicon to Thank Frontline Workers and Raise Funds for COVID-19 Relief
- 25+ Spring/Summer TV Schedule Changes: Which Premieres Are Postponed? What's Arriving Early?
- CBS Renews 23 Total Series, Including NCIS, FBI, Blue Bloods and All Rise
If, like us, you’re curious about what would have unfolded on those intended season finales, we’ve got you covered: The attached photo gallery includes intel on more than 15 series, with details from executive producers and showrunners about what would have transpired in a non-quarantined world.
How did Empire intend to wrap its six-season run? Which Law & Order: SVU alumni would have returned to the show? How would America Ferrera’s Superstore farewell have unfolded? We’ve got the answers to those questions, and then some.
Note: Our roundup does not include every show that was forced to end prematurely, but it does feature many of them. And with several finales still airing later this month, be sure to bookmark this page and come back for additional scoop.
In the meantime, scroll through the attached gallery — or click here for direct access — to get the latest intel, then hit the comments with the finale you’re most bummed to miss.
Launch Gallery: Unaired Season Finales 2020: What Would Have Happened?
Best of TVLine
- 10 One-Season Teen Dramas Worth Revisiting, From Freaks and Geeks to The Secret Circle and More
- Grey's Anatomy's 25 Best Couples Ever
- 15 Polarizing TV Character Exits From Grey's Anatomy, Buffy and More