Taraji P. Henson is tackling mental health with her next project: a Facebook Watch talk show tentatively titled Peace of Mind With Taraji.
The newly ordered program will be co-hosted by the Empire vet and her longtime best friend Tracie Jade Jenkins, who is the executive director of Henson’s Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation. Each episode will highlight different mental health issues, particularly those affecting the Black community, through interviews with celebrities, experts and everyday people. Production is slated to begin later this year.
“I’ve long been a mental health advocate for the Black community and created the Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation in 2018 that has provided resources to thousands of people who are struggling,” Henson said in a statement. “I’m looking forward to bringing this new talk series to Facebook Watch, where I can continue to create conversation around an issue that is near and dear to my heart.”
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Wellâ€¦
* Reba McEntire and Darius Rucker will host the 54th Annual CMA Awards, airing Wednesday, Nov. 11 at 8/7c on ABC.
* Andie MacDowell (Jane by Design) will play mom to her real-life daughter Margaret Qualley in the Netflix dramedy Maid, our sister site Deadline reports.
* Netflix has released a first image from Season 2 of The Witcher, which is currently in production in the UK. The photograph reveals Geralt of Rivia (played by Henry Cavill) debuting new armor for the upcoming season.
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?
More from TVLine
- TVLine Items: Billie Eilish Doc's Apple Debut, Top Chef Renewed and More
- TVLine Items: GBBS Returns, Frasier Vet Is Julia Child's Hubby and More
- TVLine Items: Mariah's Christmas Special, Miss USA Relocates and More
Best of TVLine
- TV Roles Recast: 25+ Times a Show Changed Actors Midstream (and Why)
- Oscars 2020: The 11 Best, Worst and Weirdest Moments From the Ceremony
- The Oscars' Most Memorable Moments