Serendipity is in NBC’s future — as in a small-screen adaptation of the 2001 rom-com that starred John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale.
Our sister site Variety reports that the Peacock network has given a script commitment to a series inspired by the movie, in which Cusack and Beckinsale played a couple seemingly fated to be together, though they certainly put that notion to the test.
More from TVLine
- America's Got Talent: Which of the Last 12 Acts Will Make It to the Semifinals?
- Saturday Night Live: Woody Harrelson, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Eddie Murphy Among First Crop of Season 45 Hosts
- This Is Us Season 4 Premiere Photos: Jack Meets Rebecca's Folks, Randall and Beth Celebrate and More
“Never has the world needed a show like Serendipity more,” screenwriter Jonny Umansky told the trade, “and the love stories we have in store are big, bold and filled to the brim with whimsy and wonder.”
All I know is I’m now jonesing for a Frozen Hot Chocolate.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* USA Network will resume The Purge with Season 2 on Tuesday, Oct. 15 at 9/8c, where it will lead into the series premiere of Treadstone, an espionage drama set in the Jason Bourne universe.
* Michael Shannon (Waco, Boardwalk Empire) will play L.A. Lakers owner Jerry Buss in HBO’s untitled drama pilot about the NBA team’s 1980s “Showtime” era, per Deadline.
* All Access, a half-hour Access Hollywood offshoot that promises an “in-depth look into the national headlines to uncover the extraordinary real-life drama occurring in everyday places,” will premiere in six select markets (New York, Los Angeles, Philly, San Francisco, Miami and Hartford) on Monday, Sept. 9.
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?