In the series, loving father of five Scott Perry calls upon his most trusted friends to step in as back-up dads after an unexpected health scare. Burton will play Margot, a funny, intelligent foodie and restaurant group executive manager who becomes a love interest for Clive Standen’s character Anthony, who is Scott’s oldest pal.
More from TVLine
- The TVLine-Up: What's Returning, New and Leaving the Week of Nov. 17
- Mad About You Revival Review: A Soothingly Bland Relic of Sitcoms Past
- Performer of the Week: Asante Blackk
Council of Dads is slated to air Tuesdays at 9/8c, beginning March 2020.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* The American Film Institute has unveiled its Top 10 TV series of 2019, and the list includes Chernobyl, The Crown, Fosse/Verdon, Game of Thrones, Pose, Succession, Unbelievable, Veep, Watchmen and When They See Us. Fleabag, meanwhile, will be the recipient of AFI’s “Special Award.”
* The HBO comedy series High Maintenance will return for Season 4 on Friday, Feb. 7 at 11 pm. Watch a teaser trailer here.
* Jason Alexander (Seinfeld) will play himself in the Dec. 18 episode of Spectrum Originals’ Mad About You revival, while Jean Smart (Watchmen) will guest-star in the same installment as an eccentric lifestyle guru and podcaster who runs a weekend seminar that Paul and Jamie accidentally attend.
* TBS has renewed the comedy game show The Misery Index, hosted by The Good Place‘s Jameela Jamil, for a second season. Misery asks contestants to rate hilarious real-life events based on the “misery index,” a ranking system created by a team of therapists.
* HBO Max has ordered four stand-up comedy specials from Tracy Morgan (SNL, The Last O.G.), John Early (Search Party), and rising stars Rose Matafeo and Ahir Shah.
* Hulu has released a teaser trailer for Shrill Season 2, premiering Friday, Jan. 24:
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?
Best of TVLine
- American Music Awards 2019: The Best, Worst and Weirdest Moments
- Cable TV Renewal Scorecard: What's Returning? What's Cancelled?
- Streaming TV Renewal Scorecard: What's Returning? What's Cancelled?