The project stars Ashley Zukerman (Succession) in the titular role of the famed Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon. Based on Dan Brown’s bestselling novel The Lost Symbol, the potential series follows the early adventures of Langdon, who must solve a series of deadly puzzles to save his kidnapped mentor and thwart a chilling global conspiracy.
More from TVLine
- TVLine Items: The Following Fave Joins Langdon, Autism Dating Show and More
- NBC Details Plans for Debris, La Brea, Da Vinci Code Prequel and Other Pilots
- TVLine Items: Good Place Alum Joins Hulu Series, Y&R Vet to Days and More
Gonzalez — who is coming off a four-year stint on Arrow as Rene Ramirez, aka Wild Dog — will play Nunez, a uniformed Capitol policeman.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* BET has renewed the Lena Waithe-created comedy Twenties for Season 2, per Deadline. The first season of the show will re-air on Showtime, starting Monday, July 6.
* Quibi has renewed Chrissy’s Court, starring and executive-produced by Chrissy Teigen, for Season 2.
* Luke Evans (The Alienist) has joined Hulu’s limited series Nine Perfect Strangers as one of the stressed city dwellers who comes to a boutique health-and-wellness resort run by Nicole Kidman’s character, per Deadline.
* Jay Pharoah (SNL) will host Nickelodeon’s remotely shot game show Unfiltered, in which panelists try to guess the identity of celebrities whose faces and voices are disguised by digital filters.
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?
Best of TVLine
- TV Roles Recast: 25+ Times a Show Changed Actors Midstream (and Why)
- Stars Who Almost Played Other TV Roles — on Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Lost, Gilmore Girls, Friends and Other Shows
- TV Stars Almost Cast in Other Roles