With nominations now out for the 72nd annual Emmy Awards, we give our take on what it all means as the race for TV gold enters its final phase in the most competitive and certainly challenging season ever.
Who are now the frontrunners to win? What are our opinions of the most surprising snubs and inclusions? Did the Television Academy make inroads toward meaningful diversity? What does the dominance of Netflix really mean, and will the streamer’s remarkable success with a record 160 nominations equal triumphs when the envelopes are actually opened September 20?
More from Deadline
- Emmy Snubs & Surprises: Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Ryan Murphy's 'Hollywood' Left Out; 'Mandalorian's Force Is Strong
- 'Normal People's Paul Mescal & Director Lenny Abrahamson Address Daisy Edgar-Jones Emmy Snub; 'Conversations With Friends' Progress
- Quibi Pulls Out 10 Emmy Nominations In Much-Needed Bright Spot For Startup
We also dish on the winners, losers and burning questions that remain after today’s big announcement. Plus, what does this all mean for the Jimmy Kimmel “virtual” Primetime Emmycast?
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto