Trump, a guy who most certainly doesn't know a goddamn thing about music, changed topics a total of five times during his dual morning bowel movement and tweetstorm on Wednesday. Following a tweet about Rachel Maddow's big tax return reveal, the former Apprentice host (very briefly) turned his attention to BADBADNOTGOOD's video for their Nightfall remix of "Lavender" featuring Snoop Dogg and Kaytranada.
In the Jesse Wellens-directed video, Snoop is seen firing a toy gun at a clown who strongly resembles the biggest clown of all, Trump. Moments later, this Trump-esque clown is seen attempting in vain to hit the blunt. The first thing worth mentioning here is that Trump believes Snoop's career is worth remarking upon when he is, you know, literally the fucking president. Furthermore, Trump accused Snoop Wednesday of having a "failing" career (?!?!?!) in his tweet and said that he would have been given "jail time" if the video had depicted an Obama-esque clown instead:
Can you imagine what the outcry would be if @SnoopDogg, failing career and all, had aimed and fired the gun at President Obama? Jail time!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 15, 2017
Michael Cohen, a "personal lawyer" for Trump, spoke with TMZ Tuesday and said Snoop owes his client an apology. However, he did not echo Trump's "jail time" remark:
All this talk reminds me of the time Trump told a crowd in Iowa that he could shoot someone without damaging his reputation with voters. "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters," Trump said in January 2016. To clarify, Trump—who took time out of his morning tweet dump to mention Snoop's video directly—once said he could shoot someone with no consequences:
Snoop told Billboard this week that he wasn't chasing controversy with the clip, but instead simply wanted to "fill a void" in music. "I feel like it's a lot of people making cool records, having fun, partying, but nobody's dealing with the real issue with this fucking clown as president, and the shit that we dealing with out here, so I wanted to take time out to push pause on a party record and make one of these records for the time being," he said.
- Snoop Dogg Joins BadBadNotGood, Kaytranada in Clown-Filled "Lavender" Video
- Marco Rubio Isn't Cool With Snoop Dogg's Trump-Bashing "Lavender" Video
- ASAP Rocky and Snoop Dogg Flex Their Freestyle Skills Over Mobb Deep's "The Realest"
More from Complex
- Russell Westbrook Responds to Steph Curry Saying James Harden Should Win MVP
- The Air Jordan Summer 2017 Retro Preview Is Here
- Watch Ameer Vann's Educational Video for His New Song "High Tolerance"
- Lil Wayne Responds to Rick Ross' "Idols Become Rivals" Message: 'I Needed That'
- Government Weed Is Actually Just Schwaggy, Seedy Trash