It all started when Scott tweeted out a joke that he was stockpiling cell phones, because he kept breaking his in excitement. Scott played along with fans who tweeted at the rapper to replace their Airpods, clothing, and a Playstation 5.
That 4 sho. And I got a pair of the shoes I wore all tour u can have those tooo. https://t.co/XCBhfWgH0n— TRAVIS SCOTT (@trvisXX) October 7, 2020
Eventually, Scott turned toward his student followers and offered to pay for five people to attend college for a semester. He added that he meant HBCU students. He then shared that both of his parents attended HBCUs, with his mother going to Louisiana's Grambling State University and his father going to Prairie View A&M in Texas.
AND I KNOW SCHOOL JUST STARTED AND I WANNA TAKE CARE OF 5 KIDS TUITION FOR THERE FIRST SEMESTER OF SCHOOL !!! WHY NOT!!!!!— TRAVIS SCOTT (@trvisXX) October 7, 2020
5 KIDS THAT ATTEND A HBCU— TRAVIS SCOTT (@trvisXX) October 7, 2020
Send me ur schools ya heard !!!
My mom went to Grambling and my dad went to PV. Wild— TRAVIS SCOTT (@trvisXX) October 7, 2020
- The Best Travis Scott Outfits
- Michael Bloomberg to Donate $100 Million to Medical Students at Four HBCUs
- Kevin Hart and Barack Obama to Host Virtual Ceremony For the HBCU Class of 2020
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.