The post Tom Welling to reprise Smallville Clark Kent role in CW Arrowverse crossover appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Welling will be the third Superman in the TV special, joining Tyler Hoechlin of Supergirl and Brandon Routh of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. Arrowverse producers wanted to feature multiple versions of Superman from different time periods, and they knew Welling would be easier to get if the other two were on board, reports Deadline. It’s unclear if Welling will suit up, too, or only appear as Clark Kent.
“For eight years, Arrow has stood on the shoulders of Smallville. Simply put, there would be no Arrow, and no Arrowverse, without it,” said Arrow co-creator Marc Guggenheim. “So when we first started talking about ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths’, our first, second, and third priorities were getting Tom to reprise his iconic role as Clark Kent. To say that we’re thrilled would be a Superman-sized understatement.”
The five-episode epic, titled “Crisis on Infinite Earths”, will overlap every Arrowverse series franchise, including Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and Batwoman. Three episodes will air in December and two will conclude in January.
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- About 100 people storm Area 51 gate, two people arrested
- The Village People incite unlikely circle pit and wall of death at Riot Fest: Watch
- Tekashi 6ix9ine spills everything about his former gang, names Cardi B in testimony [Updated]
- Miley Cyrus covers Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb": Watch