The potential series, from Riverdale showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, is a “sexy contemporary reimagining” of the classic Dracula story with “strong horror elements,” centering on the legendary vampire’s three brides (played by Suits‘ Gina Torres and Claws‘ Katherine Reis; the third bride is not yet cast).
More from TVLine
- Work Wife: Angelique Cabral, Tone Bell to 'Play' Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest in Potential ABC Sitcom
- Station 19 Renewed for Season 4
- Gotham's Erin Richards Set as One of Dracula's Brides in ABC Pilot
The powerful, ageless, and iconic King of Night who “turned” each of his three brides, Višnjić’s Dracula is left for dead at his destroyed castle in the Carpathian mountains while his three wives flee to start a new life together.
The Brides ensemble also includes Chris Mason (Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists) as a mogul who goes head-to-head with Torres’ bride and Sophia Tatum (I Am Not Okay With This) as a model who crosses paths with Dracula’s “middle” (and still uncast) bride.
In addition to Timeless, Visnjic’s TV credits include ER, Extant and Santa Clarita Diet. He’ll next be seen in Season 2 of Amazon’s The Boys.
To keep up with all of the 2020 pilots currently in contention at the broadcast networks, check out (and bookmark!) our handy Pilot Guide, which has been updated with Visnjic’s Brides casting.
Best of TVLine
- Stars Who Almost Played Other TV Roles — on Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Lost, Gilmore Girls, Friends and Other Shows
- TV Stars Almost Cast in Other Roles
- The Big Bang Theory Pilot Revisited: 15 Memorable Moments (Including a Few In-Hindsight Continuity Errors)