Tidal announced today that it has promoted Tony Gervino to executive vice president, editor-in-chief and Elliott Wilson to chief content officer. Both appointments are effective immediately, and both will report to Tidal CEO Richard Sanders.
According to the announcement, Gervino will oversee all editorial direction at the streaming platform, including leading a team of editors and programmers in playlist curation, as well as the digital magazine, Read. He will also continue conceptualizing and driving editorial direction across the platform, and all global editions of Tidal. Prior to joining Tidal as vice president of culture and content in 2017, Gervino was editor-in-chief of Billboard and Slam magazines, among other posts.
More from Variety
- Alicia Keys, G-Eazy and More to Perform at Tidal X Rock the Vote Benefit
- Music Moguls of the Year: Beyoncé and Jay-Z Make Records and Break Them
- Tidal Launches Enhanced Credits Feature
In his new role, Wilson will oversee the creation of new and existing original content. He is host of several Tidal original content series and curator of several of the platform’s most popular playlists. He was previously editor-in-chief of XXL and also held editorial posts at Rap Radar and Ego Trip.
“We applaud the innovation and success both Tony and Elliott have brought to Tidal,” said Sanders. “Their vision and expertise has elevated the founding principles of the platform and truly enhanced the experience for every member and artist TIDAL collaborates with.”
Best of Variety
- Emmys Trivia: 20 Surprising Facts From 2019's Nominations
- Listen: Hugh Grant on Why He Would Kill Social Media if He Could
- 'Game of Thrones' Filming Locations in Northern Ireland to Open as Tourist Attractions