Valence Media, the film and TV producer and publisher of The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard and Vibe, has announced a rebrand to MRC, formerly Media Rights Capital.
Its publishing assets are now part of newly named MRC Media & Info. Other divisions include MRC Film (Lovebirds, Knives Out); MRC Television (Ozark, The Outsider); MRC Non-Fiction (The Sparks Brothers, The Last Rider); MRC Live & Alternative, which houses dick clark productions; and MRC Data.
More from Deadline
- Valence Media's Amanda Powers Named Dick Clark Productions COO
- Hollywood Reporter Publisher Lynne Segall Out, Trade Hit With More Layoffs From Valence Media - UPDATE
- Valence Media Bosses On Today's Cuts At Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Vibe, Dick Clark Productions & MRC - Read The Memo
MRC Film’s past titles include Baby Driver, Ted, The Adjustment Bureau, Elysium and Babel. Studio films it’s co-financed include upcoming The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway.
MRC Television’s most recent series is The Great from Tony McNamara, starring Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult. Upcoming are limited series The Shrink Next Door starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd with Apple TV+ and The Terminal List with Chris Pratt at Amazon Studios.
MRC Live & Alternative produces unscripted and live televised event programming.
MRC is headquartered in Beverly Hills with offices in New York, Kansas City, Tampa, Fairfax, Nashville and Chicago.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto