Vacation is pretty much out of the question right now, so you can try to get a vicarious thrill out of the new sun-soaked video for Thomas Rhett and Jon Pardi’s “Beer Can’t Fix.” The collaborative song originally appeared on Rhett’s 2019 album, Center Point Road.
Filmed in Key West and directed by Shaun Silva, the clip could serve as marketing material for the Florida Keys tourism department — the two country singers go fishing in gorgeous, emerald-colored waters, cruise the sunny, bustling main drags of town on their mopeds, and hoist beers in rustic, divey bars. At one point, Pardi’s signature hat blows off in traffic and he pulls a quick U-turn to retrieve it. It’s all as easygoing and laid-back as the song itself, an ode to barley and hops that Rhett penned with Julian Bunetta, Ryan Tedder, and Zack Skelton.
More from Rolling Stone
- Watch Thomas Rhett Pay Tribute to 'Sesame Street' at Kennedy Center Honors
- Jon Pardi Summons Country's Ghosts on Lively New Album 'Heartache Medication'
- Fiddler Jenee Fleenor on New Song 'Good Ol' Girls' and Her History-Making CMA Win
Rhett’s fourth studio album, Center Point Road, was named for a street in his hometown of Hendersonville, Tennessee, and arrived in late May. It was nominated for a CMA Award for Album of the Year, but lost to Maren Morris’ Girl. Pardi released his new album, Heartache Medication, in September, which included the chart-topping title track and “Ain’t Always the Cowboy.”
Best of Rolling Stone
- The 50 Greatest Rock Memoirs of All Time
- 20 Best Dramatic Duets of All Time
- Rob Sheffield's St. Patrick's Day Playlist
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.