Lucky Brand, the original Los Angeles denim brand, celebrated its 30th anniversary and lifetime connection to music with Less Noise, More Music, an exclusive concert event on Thursday, January 23rd, at the Roxy, the historic nightclub in Lucky Brand’s hometown of Los Angeles.
More from Rolling Stone
- Yungblud Announces Underrated Youth North American Tour
- Third Eye Blind Set Screamer Tour Part 2 for Spring 2020
- Marshmello Drops New Single 'Tongue Tied' With Yungblud, Blackbear
This past fall, Third Eye Blind released their seventh studio album, Screamer, teaming up with friends like Alexis Krauss of Sleigh Bells (who sings on the title track) and Billy Corgan, who is described as the album’s “musical consigliere.”
“We have always been so insular,” frontman Stephan Jenkins told Rolling Stone in 2019 before embarking on their fall tour, “and on Screamer we adopted an open-door policy — come in, be musical, and follow the song where it takes us.”
“I look at it as this thing that I take part in with the audience,” he added. “I think our audience is very young, and they take our music and they make it part of their playlists now. And they make it their present tense. And we really care about playing. It’s not the same every night. We’re not a jam band, but we soundcheck; soundchecks are band practice, and we move things and change them, so it’s evolving. We’re not a MacBook Pro band.”
Best of Rolling Stone
- Elvis Presley: His 10 Best Country Songs
- Hank Williams' Five Most Haunting Performances
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas': The Making of a Classic Soundtrack
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.