The weather behaved itself on Thursday for the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, though the same can’t be said for the unruly sticks of dancing butter that terrorized Al Roker at every possible turn.
Come to think of it, butter wasn’t Roker’s only enemy this year. The weatherman was routinely targeted throughout the three-hour event, from Beetlejuice calling him the “third banana” to a pair of former NHL pros pelting him with hockey pucks. It’s a Thanksgiving miracle that he even survived the day, to be honest.
More from TVLine
- The Voice Top 10 Performance Recap: Who Caught Fire? Who Flamed Out?
- AGT Controversy: Howard Stern Calls Out 'Boys' Club' Atmosphere Following Gabrielle Union's Sudden Departure
- America's Got Talent Addresses Gabrielle Union Exit Controversy, Plans to 'Hear More About Her Concerns'
And it’s a good thing Rocker did survive, otherwise he would have missed some pretty big moments, including the Xfinity-sponsored reunion of E.T. and Elliot, 37 years after they first biked past the moon.
Other highlights from this year’s parade, co-hosted by Today‘s Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb, included show-stopping Broadway numbers, a cavalcade of beloved Muppets and an incredibly on-brand performance from Lea Michele. (If you told us that she wrote that line about Macy’s into her Christmas song just so she could perform it at the parade someday, we’d believe you.)
Browse our gallery of memorable moments from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade — you can click here for direct access — then drop a comment with your own favorites below.
Launch Gallery: Thanksgiving Parade 2019: Best Moments
Best of TVLine
- Friends Couches: A Definitive Ranking
- Vampire Diaries Turns 10: How Real-Life Plot Twists Shaped Everything From the Love Triangle to the Final Death
- Decade in Review: The Very Best Seasons, Including Game of Thrones S3, The Good Wife S5, Arrow S2 and More