The Los Angeles Times published a story Sunday morning detailing allegations of sexual assault and misconduct carried out by music mogul Russell Simmons and director/producer Brett Ratner. Not long after the Times story surfaced, actor Terry Crews (who has spoken out about his experience being sexually assaulted by a powerful Hollywood agent) shared a message he received from Simmons for the world to see.
Sunday morning saw Crews share a tweet featuring a screencap of a message he says Simmons sent him regarding Crews’ claim that he had been groped at a party by William Morris Endeavor executive Adam Venit. (Crews has also filed a report with the Los Angeles Police Department.) In the message, the sender (who is identified as Russell Simmons) urges Crews to “give the agent a pass” and “ask that he be reinstated.” Crews sent a pretty clear message in his tweet how he feels about the suggestion.
- Terry Crews Files A Report With The LAPD After Sharing His Sexual Assault Story
- Russell Simmons Is Being Accused Of Sexually Assaulting A 17-Year-Old Model While Brett Ratner Watched
“Dear @UncleRUSH—— NO ONE GETS A PASS” wrote Crews.
Message Russell Simmons sent to me regarding my sexual assault case against Adam Venit of @WME:
— terrycrews (@terrycrews) November 19, 2017
Returning to the subject of Simmons, the Def Jam co-founder has adamantly denied today’s allegations facing him.
“I completely and unequivocally deny the horrendous allegations of non-consensual sex against me with every fiber of my being,” said Simmons in a statement provided to USA Today via his representative.