Taylor Swift got an unexpected surprise Thursday night on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon when the host asked if she had recently gotten Lasik eye surgery. When Swift nodded yes, clearly dreading what was to come, Fallon revealed that he had obtained a home video from Swift’s mother of the pop star right after her surgery, loopy from painkillers, sporting huge goggles.
The clip shows Swift attempting to eat some bananas in the kitchen and stressing out over picking the wrong one. Later, her mother chastises her for trying to eat a banana in bed, to which Swift responds, “I’m not asleep, my mind is alive.”
More from Rolling Stone
- Watch Taylor Swift Debut 'False God,' Strip Down 'Lover' on 'SNL'
- Angel Olsen Debuts 'All Mirrors' on 'Fallon' in a Crown
- See Robbie Robertson Perform 'Let Love Reign' with the Roots on 'Fallon'
The video itself is kind of adorable, but Swift was so shocked by Fallon showing the clip on television that it’s all she could really talk about for the rest of their interview. “I’m sorry, I can’t think about anything else,” she said when Fallon tried to bring up her upcoming musical guest slot on Saturday Night Live. Swift referenced the #DrunkTaylor hashtag that made the rounds on Twitter after some photos of her at a party on “two-and-a-half mojitos” surfaced online. “I go from zero to legitimately thinking I’m a wizard within two drinks,” she said.
Best of Rolling Stone
- 100 Best Albums of the '90s
- The Beatles' 'Abbey Road': 5 Great Country, Americana Covers
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About the Beatles' Music
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.