The post Tame Impala, Vampire Weekend, Stevie Nicks to play Governors Ball: Sources appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Tame Impala, Vampire Weekend, Stevie Nicks, and Miley Cyrus are set to play New York’s Governors Ball Music Festival in 2020, industry sources confirm to Consequence of Sound.
Solange, Flume, and H.E.R. will also appear on the lineup, which is set to be unveiled shortly.
The Australian pych-rock outfit Tame Impala will return to Randall’s Island for the first time since their inaugural appearance at the festival in 2015. Their upcoming headlining performance comes in support of their new album, The Slow Rush, due out in February.
It’s been even longer since Vampire Weekend played Governors Ball — 2014, to be exact. Finally, the two New York institutions will meet once more, as Ezra Koenig and co. return to showcase their latest album, Father of the Bride.
Meanwhile, Nicks, Cyrus, and Solange will all be making their Governors Ball debuts.
Governors Ball returns to Randall’s Island Park in New York City from June 5th-7th, 2020. An official lineup announcement and ticketing details are forthcoming. As previously reported, this year the festival is instituting an 18+ age policy.
- Grimes announces she is pregnant
- R.I.P. Jack Sheldon, Schoolhouse Rock! singer and jazz musician dead at 88
- Chet Hanks, Tom Hanks' rapper son, spoke in a fake Jamaican accent for the entirety of the Golden Globes
- Patti Smith wrote Greta Thunberg a poem for her 17th birthday
- Lori Loughlin hires prison coach, learns martial arts