To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You producer Matt Kaplan will produce through Ace Entertainment with Michael Lewen directing. The book by Jennifer E. Smith was originally adapted by Ben York Jones with the current draft of the script having been written by Amy Reed.
The story follows Clare and Aidan, who after making a pact that they would break up before college, find themselves retracing the steps of their relationship on their last evening as a couple. The epic date leads them to familiar landmarks, unexpected places, and causes them to question whether high school love is meant to last.
Ryder received critical acclaim for her breakout role in Never Rarely Sometimes Always, which has been one of the best reviewed films of 2020. Prior to acting, Ryder started as a dancer, a skill that helped her land a role in Matilda and also helped her land a role in Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story as one of the Jets. She is Represented by UTA and Anonymous Content.
For Lewen, this will mark his directorial debut after cutting his teeth at Judd Apatow Productions working on such projects as Trainwreck, May It Last and most recently The King of Staten Island.
More from Deadline
- Coping With COVID-19 Crisis: 'Never Rarely Sometimes Always' Newcomers Sidney Flanigan & Talia Ryder Embrace VOD Release To Tell Topical Story
- 'Never Rarely Sometimes Always' Actress Talia Ryder Inks With UTA
- 'Elvis': Baz Luhrmann-Tom Hanks Movie Returning To Production In Australia After COVID-19 Shutdown
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: Total Cases Hit 6 Million Milestone
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto