Exclusive 3-D augmented-reality look at the maggot-infested Big Chap suit created for Ridley Scott's "Alien" and rescued from the trash bin.
“Killing Eve” star Jodie Comer is in early talks to play Josephine Bonaparte in Ridley Scott’s “Kitbag,” a movie about French military leader and emperor Napoleon, according to an individual with knowledge of the project. Academy Award winner Joaquin Phoenix is attached to star as Napoleon. Scott plans “Kitbag” to be his follow-up project after he wraps production on “House of Gucci” for MGM. Apple Studios will finance and produce “Kitbag.” The film’s title “Kitbag” derives from the saying “there is a general’s staff hidden in every soldier’s kitbag.” The project will focus on Napoleon’s origins, relentless ambition, his military leadership, and his rise to becoming emperor along with the volatile relationship he had with his wife Josephine. David Scarpa wrote the screenplay. Also Read: 'Killing Eve' Star Jodie Comer Breaks Down Villanelle's Explosive Family Reunion Scott will produce “Kitbag” through his Scott Free Productions alongside Kevin Walsh. Scott’s company also has a first-look TV deal with Apple TV+. This also reunites Scott with Phoenix, after the two previously worked together on the Best Picture winner “Gladiator.” “Napoleon is a man I’ve always been fascinated by. He came out of nowhere to rule everything — but all the while he was waging a romantic war with his adulterous wife Josephine. He conquered the world to try to win her love, and when he couldn’t, he conquered it to destroy her, and destroyed himself in the process,” Scott said in a statement. “No actor could ever embody Napoleon like Joaquin — he created one of movie history’s most complex Emperors in ‘Gladiator,’ and we’ll create another with his Napoleon. It’s a brilliant script written by David Scarpa, and today there’s no better partner than Apple to bring a story like this to a global audience.” Comer came to Scott’s attention by working with the director on “The Last Duel” which recently wrapped. The also film stars Matt Damon, Adam Driver and Ben Affleck, with a screenplay written by Damon and Affleck. Comer is expected to shoot the fourth season of “Killing Eve” later this year. She will also be seen in 20th Century Studios’ “Free Guy” opposite Ryan Reynolds. Jodie Comer is repped by WME and Independent Talent Group. Deadline first reported the news. Read original story Jodie Comer in Early Talks to Play Josephine in Ridley Scott’s Napoleon Movie ‘Kitbag’ At TheWrap
HBO Max has renewed Ridley Scott’s sci-fi drama Raised By Wolves for a second season after revealing it has been the fledgling streamer’s top-performing original. The WarnerMedia service has handed the drama a second run, weeks after it launched with three episodes on September 3. The company said the show had grown its audience in […]
Filmmaker Ridley Scott (Alien, The Martian) does what he does best in the trailer for HBO Max's Raised by Wolves, which involves androids clashing with humanity on a strange planet. Marking Scott's TV series directorial debut for American audiences, Raised by Wolves — which premieres Thursday, Sept. 3 -- centers on two androids tasked with […]
Crowe recalls the hell unleashed behind the scenes of Ridley Scott's sword-and-sandals blockbuster.
"The Hot Zone" author Richard Preston gets candid about a failed 1990s movie adaptation that was once set to star A-listers Robert Redford and Jodie Foster before falling apart.
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to spread across the globe, Hollywood has been brought to a standstill. TV and movie productions have been put on hold, as the industry -- along with millions in other businesses -- is social distancing. One such project that's been paused is "The Last Duel," Ridley Scott's upcoming drama set […]
Disney has announced that production and pre-production on "The Last Duel," "The Little Mermaid," "Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings," "Home Alone," "Nightmare Alley," "Peter Pan & Wendy" and "Shrunk" have shut down "for a short time." A statement from the studio said, “While there have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 on […]
Branko Lustig, an Oscar-winning producer of the Best Picture winners “Schindler’s List” and “Gladiator,” has died, according to an announcement Thursday via the Festival of Tolerance. He was 87.Lustig, who was the president of Croatia’s Festival of Tolerance – the Jewish Film Festival, died in his home in Zagreb, Croatia. He worked in the film industry for 50 years and was a survivor of the Holocaust, having spent time in both the Auschwitz and BergenBelsen concentration camps during World War II.Many of his family members were lost in the concentration camps, and his grandmother specifically was killed in a gas chamber, and his experience there helped inspire some of the stories for Steven Spielberg’s “Schindler’s List.”Also Read: Niall Tóibín, Irish Actor Known for 'The Nephew' and 'Far and Away,' Dies at 89Lustig worked in the film industry in his home of Croatia before moving to Los Angeles in the 1980s. He served as a unit manager on films such as “Don’t Look Back, My Son” and “Kozara,” and also as a Yugoslavian production supervisor on “Sophie’s Choice.” Then after winning the Oscar in 1993 for “Schindler’s List,” he produced or executive produced many of Ridley Scott’s films including “Gladiator,” “Black Hawk Down,” “American Gangster” and “Kingdom of Heaven.”According to the Festival of Tolerance, Lustig returned to Croatia in 2009 and this year was named an honorary citizen of Zagreb. As to why he left Los Angeles. “Honestly, I came back to die,” he said. “Hollywood is beautiful, I met great actors, worked with them, but still this is my country and I have experienced a lot here – both beautiful and distressing. I also have a lot of friends here, I have a lot of acquaintances in America, but only Spielberg is my friend.”Read original story Branko Lustig, Two-Time Oscar-Winning Producer of ‘Schindler’s List’ and ‘Gladiator,’ Dies at 87 At TheWrap
Ridley Scott looks to have his next directing job, as he has signed on to direct "The Last Duel" with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck attached to star. Damon and Affleck co-wrote the script with Oscar-nominated Nicole Holofcener. Scott, Damon and Affleck all producing along with Scott's producing partner Kevin Walsh. Drew Vinton is also […]
Filmmaker explains his approach to his classic sequel, how he tapped into his "Ridley-ness" and why he thinks subsequent installments missed the mark.
The film's star offers a rave review to the New Jersey school production of the sci-fi horror classic that has gone viral.
George Takei has boarded “The Terror” Season 2 both as a series regular and consultant. The second season of the AMC anthology series takes place during World War II and is set, in part, in a Japanese-American internment camp. Takei himself was imprisoned in two such internment camps when he was a child. As a consultant, […]
After years of discussing a sequel to the Oscar-winning hit, Ridley Scott looks ready to return to the coliseum as the director has begun development on a new “Gladiator” pic with Paramount on board to distribute. “The Town” scribe Peter Craig will pen the script. The original pic starred Russell Crowe as Maximus, a General […]
“Strange Angel” has been renewed for a second season on CBS All Access. The drama, about rocketry pioneer and occultist Jack Parsons, ended its first season in August. “We look forward to exploring the next chapter of Jack Parsons’ journey,” said Julie McNamara, executive vice president, original content, CBS All Access. “’Strange Angel’ and its […]
Star Mark Wahlberg calls the entire process "a whirlwind," and Michelle Williams, who also embraced the decision, says that "it's a remarkable time in history."
The studio spent a reported $10 million to reshoot Spacey's scenes with Plummer in the wake of sexual abuse allegations.
Ridley Scott’s decision to fire embattled actor Kevin Spacey and replace him with Christopher Plummer comes at a financial risk.
Director will reshoot scenes and insert them in film for Dec. 22 release following allegations of sexual misconduct.
TriStar Pictures has pulled Ridley Scott film from its closing-night slot at the AFI Fest in light of sexual allegations against the actor.
In rare sci-fi sequel that takes its time to go deep, "Arrival" director Denis Villeneuve picks up 30 years after stylish cult classic left off.