Weinstein's attorney said while her client may have sinned, "there's a difference between sins and crimes."
The model-turned-actor said the disgraced Hollywood mogul told her she'd "never make it" in Hollywood as a gay woman.
“One of the first things Harvey Weinstein ever said to me was, ‘You will never make it in this industry as a gay woman,' " Cara Delevingne recalled.
The It List is Yahoo’s weekly look at the best in pop culture, including movies, music, TV, streaming, games, books, podcasts and more. Here are our picks for Sept. 9-15, including the best deals we could find for each.
Marchesa will show at NYFW again and experts say it's time to move on from the brand's connection to Harvey Weinstein.
As an adviser to Weinstein, Bloom suggested portraying accuser Rose McGowan as a "pathological liar" and told the producer to "be the hero of your story."
Actress and sexual abuse activist Rose McGowan has called for civil rights attorney Lisa Bloom to be disbarred after a new book outlined how Bloom worked with Harvey Weinstein to discredit McGowan’s sexual assault accusations against him.McGowan was responding Sunday to a Twitter thread posted by journalist Yashar Ali that summarized Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey’s new book, “She Said.” The book cites a December 2016 memo to Weinstein in which Bloom offered to “help you against the Roses of the world, because I have represented so many of them.”Also Read: Ashley Judd, Rose McGowan: We Are Not Part of Harvey Weinstein's $44 Million Settlement“We can place an article re: her becoming increasingly unglued,” Bloom suggested in the memo, “so that when someone Googles her this is what pops up and she’s discredited.”The book also says that Bloom joined Weinstein on a visit to the New York Times the day before they released their expose on the producer’s sexual assault accusations, adding that the pair was there to present information meant to discredit several of the accusers in the piece, including actress Ashley Judd.1\. It's no secret that Lisa Bloom repped Harvey Weinstein & worked w/ him to discredit accusersBut in @jodikantor @mega2e's new book 'She Said' we learn just how far Bloom was willing to go to destroy women who were the targets of Weinstein's predationhttps://t.co/GjkJjTf6CE pic.twitter.com/PqqgigAC32— Yashar Ali ???? (@yashar) September 8, 2019Also Read: Rose McGowan Calls Out Hollywood 'Douchebags,' 'Faux Liberals' Who Treat MeToo as 'a Band-Aid Lie'“The evil that was perpetrated on me and others was mind bending and illegal,” McGowan tweeted. “Lisa Bloom should be disbarred.”In response to the new book, Bloom released a new statement on Twitter Sunday morning apologizing for her actions as Weinstein’s adviser.“I thank Jodi Kantor, Megan Twohey, and Ronan Farrow for forcing me to confront the colossal mistake I made in working for Weinstein two years ago,” Bloom said. “To those who missed my 2017 apology, and especially to the women, I apologize again.”While painful, I learn so much more from my mistakes than my successes.To those who missed my 2017 apology, and especially to the women: I am sorry. Here are the changes I've made to ensure that I will not make that mistake again. pic.twitter.com/FSSl3qrFjQ— Lisa Bloom (@LisaBloom) September 8, 2019Read original story Rose McGowan: ‘Lisa Bloom Should Be Disbarred’ for Working With Harvey Weinstein At TheWrap
From plastic surgery to Harvey Weinstein, no topic was off-limits in Renee Zellweger's new interview with Vulture.
The criminal trial of Harvey Weinstein has been pushed from a September start to January 6. Weinstein entered a not guilty plea Monday morning to a new indictment containing charges of sexual assault from 2006 and 2013. Weinstein had already been facing five sexual assault charges from multiple women, and had pleaded not guilty to […]
Taylor Swift opened up to The Guardian about Harvey Weinstein, politics, and finding her voice.
"If you’re in a structure that doesn’t benefit you because of your race, or gender or income or whatever, you’re basically in a cult," McGowan says.
Eisenberg recalls learning about the Harvey Weinstein news while shooting "The Art of Self-Defense": “We would walk to set and be filming this movie about misogyny and sexism and the horrible things that men can do if unchecked. The movie took on this kind of strange new relevance.”
A blooper in the 1999 film depicts the "casting couch," a practice allegedly used by predatory men in Hollywood, including Harvey Weinstein.
"I've been called one of the first to speak out. No. I was the first. I called the New York Times. I blew it wide open, not them," McGowan said in a new interview.
While she escaped sexual harassment, the actress made it clear that she was harassed and mistreated in a different way.
Judi Dench doesn’t want Kevin Spacey’s or Harvey Weinstein’s professional accomplishments to be erased in the wake of their #MeToo scandals — and she’s facing criticism for it.
Harvey Weinstein has been accused of failing to make good on a promised $450,000 payment to a former Weinstein Company executive in a lawsuit filed by The Weinstein Company’s former human relations director.In the suit, former TWC human resources head Frank Gil says that on October 6, 2017 — the day after the publication of the New York Times article detailing accusations of sexual misconduct against the mogul — Harvey Weinstein promised to pay that amount if Gil was able to find out who leaked internal TWC documents to the Times.Gil says he identified TWC chairman Bob Weinstein and TWC president David Glasser as the individuals behind the leak, and that he also discovered Glasser had received unspecified “illicit payments”; Gil accuses the two of firing him in retaliation. Evidence for these assertions is not included in the filing.Also Read: Harvey Weinstein Nears $44 Million Dollar Settlement With Creditors and Sexual Assault AccusersGil is suing Weinstein Live Entertainment, Harvey Weinstein and Bob Weinstein, and Glasser for breach of contract and retaliation. He is seeking a jury trial, unspecified damages and payment of legal expenses. Representatives for the Weinsteins did not immediately respond to requests for comment from TheWrap.The new lawsuit follows reports that Weinstein’s attorney, Jose Baez, sent a letter to the New York State Supreme Court asking to be removed as counsel on the sexual assault trial that is set to begin in September. “Mr. Weinstein has engaged in behavior that makes this representation unreasonably difficult to carry out effectively and has insisted upon taking actions with which I have fundamental disagreements,” Baez wrote.More than 80 women have accused Weinstein of sexual harassment and assault. In May 2018, he was charged by New York prosecutors for “rape, criminal sex act, sex abuse and sexual misconduct for incidents involving two separate women,” with other investigations opened into claims made in Los Angeles and London. Weinstein has consistently denied all wrongdoing.Pamela Chelin contributed to this report.Read original story Harvey Weinstein Accused of Reneging on $450,000 Payment in New Lawsuit At TheWrap
The iconic performer, 60, is profiled in the New York Times and was asked about a 1991 incident involving Trump.
Updated: Some of Harvey Weinstein's accusers are balking at a proposed $30 million settlement of their harassment claims, which could scuttle the deal, Variety has learned. Attorneys in the Weinstein Co. bankruptcy case told Judge Mary Walrath on Thursday that they are close to a global resolution of the civil litigation. The accusers, their lawyers […]
Harvey Weinstein, the New York Attorney General’s office, former members of the Weinstein Co. board, and several women who have accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct have tentatively reached a $44 million settlement deal, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.Approximately $30 million of that total would go to a consortium of plaintiffs in several lawsuits filed, among them creditors and former employees, as well as Weinstein’s accusers, the Journal reported. The rest would pay the legal fees of Weinstein’s associates, including ex-board members who are named in the suits. The deal is not final yet, but if it goes through the amount will be paid through insurance policies, the newspaper said.According to the Journal, a lawyer representing Bob Weinstein told the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware on Thursday that “For the first time, as of yesterday… we now have an economic agreement in principle that is supported by the plaintiffs, the [New York attorney general’s] office, the defendants and all of the insurers.”Also Read: Former Fox News Medical Contributor Keith Ablow's License Suspended After Sexual Misconduct AccusationsIf finalized, the settlement would also resolve the civil rights suit brought by the New York Attorney General’s office, according to the Journal. The deal must now be approved by advisers in charge of bankruptcy proceedings for the Weinstein Co..The settlement would have no impact on Weinstein’s pending criminal trial. Weinstein faces five counts, including rape. He has denied all accusations. The trial is set to begin in September.Representatives for Harvey Weinstein and Bob Weinstein did not immediately respond to a request for comment from TheWrap.Read original story Harvey Weinstein Nears $44 Million Dollar Settlement With Creditors and Sexual Assault Accusers At TheWrap
The "Sin City" actress says she had to protect herself growing up in Hollywood.