Kenya Barris explained why the controversial episode was pulled by ABC two years ago.
A petition is calling for Disney to re-theme its Splash Mountain attraction, which is based on the controversial film "Song of the South."
The film version of Broadway’s smash hit “Hamilton” is heading exclusively to Disney+ — what the move means for the streaming wars as HBO Max preps its long-anticipated entrance.
The coronavirus pandemic shut down amusement and theme parks around the world. How will they look once they reopen?
Disney’s top two execs — Bob Iger and newly-installed CEO Bob Chapek — will be taking pay cuts while the company weathers the coronavirus pandemic.Iger, who is now executive chairman, will forgo his entire Disney salary, while Chapek will take a 50% pay cut. Other top executives will be taking reduced salaries between 20% and 30% depending on their title. Iger, one of the highest-paid executives in Hollywood, earned $47.5 million during the most recent fiscal year.Early this morning, Disney joined other companies in making deep cuts in salaries for executives. Iger will forego all of his salary. From the company-wide email: pic.twitter.com/8WGjkqYFxy— Brooks Barnes (@brooksbarnesNYT) March 30, 2020Disney did not immediately respond for comment. Last week, Disney extended the closures of its theme parks indefinitely.Also Read: Disney Parks to Remain Closed 'Until Further Notice'Additionally, resort and parks cast members will continue to be paid through April 18. Park closures were first announced on March 13 due to the spread of the coronavirus. Initially, Disney said it will continue to pay its cast members until the end of March. The company also recommended that any employees able to work from home — including those at its film studio and TV business — do so.Disney also raised roughly $6 billion through a debt offering this month.In addition to its theme parks, Disney has suspended cruises and delayed theatrical distribution worldwide as theaters have been ordered to close and people to stay in their homes. Some analysts estimate Disney could lose $500 million just from closing its parks through the end of March, and hundreds of millions more depending on how long the spread of the coronavirus persists.Also Read: Who is Bob Chapek, Disney's New CEO?Disney has also been forced, like many Hollywood film and TV studios, to shut down productions; and the cancellation of other events, such as the NBA, have impacted on the company’s businesses as well.“We expect the ultimate significance of the impact of these disruptions, including the extent of their adverse impact on our financial and operational results, will be dictated by the length of time that such disruptions continue which will, in turn, depend on the currently unknowable duration of the COVID-19 pandemic and the impact of governmental regulations that might be imposed in response to the pandemic,” the company said in an SEC filing earlier this month.Read original story Bob Iger to Forgo Disney Salary During Coronavirus Shutdown, CEO Bob Chapek Takes 50% Pay Cut At TheWrap
The coronavirus is disrupting Disney's live-action "Mulan" remake as China postpone the film's highly anticipated premiere.
Bob Chapek is the new CEO of the Walt Disney Co., effective immediately. Former CEO Bob Iger will stay on as executive chairman.
Disney CEO Bob Iger offered to donate money to an elementary school fined $250 for showing "The Lion King" at a fundraiser. He apologized on behalf of the company.
Disney’s Bob Iger has enjoyed great success in 2019 — but the famed CEO could face greater challenges heading into 2020.
A hospice in England tweeted out a plea on behalf of one of their patients who wanted to see "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" early.
“Friends” might be getting a reboot on HBO Max while Netflix secures a one-time licensing deal with Paramount for the fourth installment of “Beverly Hills Cop." Why reboots are all the rage as platforms look to beat out streaming competitors.
Bob Iger wants to talk movies with Martin Scorsese over a glass of wine. The Disney CEO and chairman was asked about the vaunted director's recent comments taking down the Marvel franchise, which ignited a ferocious debate about the artistic merit of such movies. “I don’t think he’s ever seen a Marvel film,” Iger told […]
"Deadpool" writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick talk about the status of a threequel.
It looks like Tom Holland is getting used to saving the day.After the reported split between Disney and Sony that would’ve separated the Spider-Man franchise from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Disney CEO Bob Iger explained that it was Holland, Spider-Man himself, who helped the two companies come to a deal again.Iger was a guest on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” Thursday night talking about his new memoir “The Ride of a Lifetime,” and Jimmy Kimmel asked if it was true that Holland was responsible for getting Marvel and Sony to come together. Iger said that bringing Spider-Man back into the fold happened “miraculously,” and that Holland really was part of the conversation.Also Read: Bob Iger: George Lucas 'Felt Betrayed' When Disney Didn't Use His 'Star Wars' Sequel Plans“It was clear that the fans wanted Tom back as Spider-Man, made by Marvel and our Marvel production team,” Iger told the ABC late-night host. “It was clear that he cared so much, and we care about him. And he’s a great Spider-Man, isn’t he? I felt for him, and it was clear the fans wanted this to happen.”Here’s how it went down. Holland was at Disney’s D23 event for a panel on the upcoming Pixar movie he stars in alongside Chris Pratt called “Onward.” At that event, Holland addressed the news of the split between Sony and Marvel by saying, “It’s been a long week … But I just want to let you all know … I love you 3000.”What we didn’t see was that Holland then requested Iger’s contact information and got in touch with the Disney boss to see what could be done to patch things up. Iger even joked that Holland cried on the phone, which didn’t actually happen. But Iger then called the head of Sony and said “we’ve got to figure out a way to get this done.”Also Read: Disney Chief Bob Iger Says 'It Wasn't Right' to Stay on Apple's Board“Like two divorced parents coming together and figuring it out,” Kimmel said. “Sometimes companies when they’re negotiating, or other people are negotiating, they forget there are other people who actually matter,” Iger responded.It truly was a scary month or so there. In August, the Sony and Marvel partnership, which has resulted in the $880.2 million-grossing “Spider-Man: Homecoming” film and the $1.1 billion “Spider-Man: Far From Home,” ended. Marvel bailed on the arrangement over a dispute regarding the financing of future films, an insider told TheWrap at the time.But that ended late last month, and the two additional Spider-Man films that are still in development, including the next one slated for release on July 16, 2021, are both set to star Tom Holland and be directed by Jon Watts. As part of the renewed agreement, Spider-Man will also appear in a future Marvel Studios film. Amy Pascal will also produce through Pascal Pictures, as she did on the first two films.Watch Iger’s full clip above.Read original story Bob Iger Explains How Tom Holland Saved Spider-Man in the Marvel-Sony Partnership (Video) At TheWrap
The talk show host-turned-media mogul said Wednesday at Save the Children’s gala in Los Angeles, that she had intended to support Disney CEO Robert Iger.
As an heiress to the Disney fortune, anything Abigail Disney says about the brand beloved by millions worldwide garners attention. And she’s calling out the Walt Disney Co.
George Lucas was front and center at the Galaxy’s Edge dedication ceremony, welcomed onstage by Disney chairman and CEO, Bob Iger.
“The next movie that we release will be theirs, and we’re not saying anything more about that,” Bob Iger revealed today. The internet has plenty of thoughts about the duo leaving "GoT" behind for "Star Wars."
There will be a break in the Star Wars movies after the release of Star Wars: Episode IX later this year, Disney boss Bob Iger has confirmed.
Disney CEO Bob Iger says that the company doesn’t “condone the use of blackface under any circumstances in our world today."