The post Surviving Nirvana members to reunite for benefit concert appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Update – January 5th: Watch video of Nirvana’s five-song reunion performance.
The surviving members of Nirvana are set to share the stage once more, as Dave Grohl will reunite with fellow bandmates Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear at this weekend’s “Heaven is Rock & Roll Gala” at the Palladium in Los Angeles.
Grohl, Novoselic, and Smear will perform together for the first time since their previous reunion at Foo Fighters’ Cal Jam Festival in 2018. This time around, they’ll also be joined by several close friends, including Beck and St. Vincent, as well as Grohl’s daughter Violet.
Proceeds from the gala will benefit The Art of Elysium, which supports individuals in the midst of difficult emotional life challenges including illness, hospitalization, displacement, confinement, and/or crisis. Tickets are available for purchase through The Art of Elysium’s website.
- R.I.P. Jack Sheldon, Schoolhouse Rock! singer and jazz musician dead at 88
- Patti Smith wrote Greta Thunberg a poem for her 17th birthday
- Captain America actress Mollie Fitzgerald charged with murder
- Chet Hanks, Tom Hanks' rapper son, spoke in a fake Jamaican accent for the entirety of the Golden Globes
- Lori Loughlin hires prison coach, learns martial arts