The post Surviving Nirvana members reunite alongside St. Vincent, Beck, and Dave Grohl’s daughter: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, and Pat Smear were joined by Beck, St. Vincent, and Grohl’s 13-year-old daughter Violet, each of who took a turn singing lead vocals. St. Vincent took the lead on “Lithium”, “In Bloom”, and “Been a Son”, Violet sang “Heart-Shaped Box”, and Beck grabbed the mic for a cover of David Bowie’s “The Man Who Sold the World”.
Watch video of the full performance below. Proceeds from the gala went towards The Art of Elysium, which supports individuals in the midst of difficult emotional life challenges including illness, hospitalization, displacement, confinement, and/or crisis.
Grohl, Novoselic, and Smear previously reunited at Foo Fighters’ Cal Jam Festival in 2018.
Lithium (with St. Vincent on vocals & Beck on guitar)
In Bloom (with St. Vincent on vocals & Beck on guitar)
Been a Son
Heart-Shaped Box (with Violet Grohl on vocals, St. Vincent & Beck on guitar)
The Man Who Sold the World (Beck on vocals & guitar, St. Vincent on guitar)
- Grimes announces she is pregnant
- R.I.P. Jack Sheldon, Schoolhouse Rock! singer and jazz musician dead at 88
- Patti Smith wrote Greta Thunberg a poem for her 17th birthday
- Chet Hanks, Tom Hanks' rapper son, spoke in a fake Jamaican accent for the entirety of the Golden Globes
- Lori Loughlin hires prison coach, learns martial arts